About the job
- Job Title: Senior Python Support Engineer
- Work Location: Bangalore, INDIA
- Minimum experience: 8-10 years of core IT experience
- Spoken Language: English (must)
- Work Hours: Americas (Night Shift)
- Hours: Full-time 9 AM to 5 PM / 5 PM (IST)
- Reporting to: Chairman
About the business
Red Education is one of the highest-awarded I.T. technical training companies globally. Our reviews and customer feedback are exceptionally high. Check us out on our website www.rededucation.com
About the role
Thanks to our rapid expansion worldwide, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Engineer, based in our Bangalore office.
- Work for a business that is expanding rapidly on a global scale
- Future proof your IT career in a booming sector
- Deliver critical solutions that organisations need to survive
- Empower people through learning
- Help protect business and infrastructure against cyber crime
- Get the support, training and leadership you need to thrive
The successful applicant must:
Have advanced PYTHON skills and security skills with knowledge of VMware, Virtualization
On-call: When the Australian & Indian Support Engineer isn’t available, from 5.00 pm IST and occasionally at weekends to manage the build process
Purpose of the position: To support internal IT services and particularly labs for Americas, and other regions and also support trainers with any lab escalations.
Responsibilities & duties
Responsibility 1 – Support the labs
- Work to support trainers and resolve issues in our major lab environments (including F5 Networks, Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, Nutanix, Paessler etc)
- Develop the various python scripts that make up the Red Education lab environment.
- Manage the labs independently if required take help of an engineer in Australia.
- Monitor the day-to-day performance of the labs.
- Enter commands and verify proper system operation through observation to detect errors.
- Follow change control processes
Work Standard – Acknowledge an issue opened by a trainer within 10 minutes of receiving it. Resolved issues as quickly as possible so as not to affect classes.
Responsibility 2 – Support Internal IT
- Resolve any level 1 or level 2 issues by yourself. Escalate any level 3 issues to L3 support.
- Field questions pertaining to user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware and then present solutions.
Work standard – acknowledge an issue opened by any staff member within 15 minutes of receiving it. A “can do” approach is critical to your success in this regard, as this is the company culture.
Responsibility 3 – Development and ownership of lab environment to be more robust and support the business needs of Red Education
- Develop the various Python scripts that make up the Red Education lab environment
- Manage the images for the Lab Environment
- Manage the lab build process if required on Saturday or Sunday.
Work standard – Manage and develop the lab environment on a very tight budget.
Responsibility 4 – Management & ownership of IT security of Red Education
- Manage Firewall policy
- Manage SAML and SSO connectivity on F5 APM
- Manage Cloud security and connectivity for AWS, Google Cloud and BGUS
- Work Standard – Manage the security of the Red Education IT environment with an open policy for trainers to access systems but with a view to security for important company information on a tight budget.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Strong VMWare Virtualisation Experience
- Python coding experience – advanced level
- Apply now by sending your CV and covering letter answering the above questions and providing your email address and contact number to email@example.com
- Follow Red Education on our social channels to learn more about the company and see the latest job ads:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/red-education/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rededucationtraining
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rededucationit/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/red_education
- Joining:- Ideally Immediate or 15 days to 1-month notice
- Salary:- Good Package
- Glassdoor reviews of Red Education