Check Point Certified Automation Specialist (CCAS)
A 2-day Specialist course which provides a comprehensive understanding of automation and the Check Points Management API architecture. It presents advanced concepts such as how to create and execute automated scripts to perform R80 Security Management tasks.
Register your interest in this course here
Register your interest now
21Mar2 days, Thu & Fri 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMVirtual - AUS
Session 1Thu 21 Mar 09:00 - Thu 21 Mar 17:00Virtual - AUS
Session 2Fri 22 Mar 09:00 - Fri 22 Mar 17:00Virtual - AUS
- $2,500.00 excl. GST
20May2 days, Mon & Tue 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMVirtual - AUS
Session 1Mon 20 May 09:00 - Mon 20 May 17:00Virtual - AUS
Session 2Tue 21 May 09:00 - Tue 21 May 17:00Virtual - AUS
- $2,500.00 excl. GST
22Jul2 days, Mon & Tue 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMVirtual - AUS
Session 1Mon 22 Jul 09:00 - Mon 22 Jul 17:00Virtual - AUS
Session 2Tue 23 Jul 09:00 - Tue 23 Jul 17:00Virtual - AUS
- $2,500.00 excl. GST
This certification is designed for security professionals who want to gain expertise in automating security operations and deploying security policies across their organisation. It also provide an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to automate and orchestrate tasks relating to managing Check Point Security Policies.
- Explain how automation and orchestration work together.
- Understand the key drivers for incorporating automation and orchestration into security management.
- Execute a shell script that demonstrates how to build a comprehensive Security Policy.
- Recognize how the Check Point API framework integrates with R80 Security Management to support automation and orchestration of daily tasks.
- Describe Check Point API tools and demonstrate how they are used to manage Check Point Security Management solutions.
- Demonstrate how to define new objects and modify existing ones by using the Check Point API
- Demonstrate how to create API commands to efficiently maintain the Check Point Security Management Server database.
- Demonstrate how to use different methods to update the database with API commands.
- Become familiar with client-side and server-side scripting and scripting languages.
- Understand how to use the Bash shell to develop APIs.
- Recognize and describe many of the open-source tools that are available to assist with API development.
- Demonstrate how to use a custom REST application to update the database of a Security Management Server
- Demonstrate how to use Postman to manage the Security Policy database through the Check Point API
- Understand what steps to take to troubleshoot and debug API scripts.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting techniques by reviewing debugging messages in various forms.
- Understand how to use self-service portal capabilities to provide general IT services.
- Recognize how automation tools work with Check Point APIs to automate security management tasks and orchestrate workflow behind service portals.
- Demonstrate common tasks that are automated in a Web portal to manage the Security Policy.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for security engineers, developers, and Check Point resellers who need to create and execute automated scripts to perform routine tasks within their security environment and are working towards their Check Point Certified Automation.
What You'll Learn
Provide an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to automate and orchestrate tasks relating to managing Check Point Security Policies.
- Introduction to automation and orchestration
- Check Point APIs
- API development
- API troubleshooting
- Self-service Web portals
- UNIX and Windows operating systems
- System Administration
- Networking (TCP/IP)
This advanced two-day specialist course validates the skills and knowledge of IT professionals in deploying and managing Check Point security solutions. This certification is designed for security professionals who want to gain expertise in automating security operations and deploying security policies across their organisation. The focus on automation and orchestration makes it an essential certification for security professionals who want to advance their careers in cybersecurity.
Attending Check Point Training Courses, helps you reach your certification goals and ensures that you know every detail about Check Point Technologies. Here at Red Education, we cover all Check Point’s training courses. To Learn more, head to our course outline page.