Check Point Certified VSX Specialist (CCVS)
A 2-day Specialist course which provides a comprehensive understanding of the Check Point Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solution and describes how to deploy it within the corporate network environment.
Register your interest in this course here
Register your interest now
18Apr2 days, Thu & Fri 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMVirtual - AUS
Session 1Thu 18 Apr 09:00 - Thu 18 Apr 17:00Virtual - AUS
Session 2Fri 19 Apr 09:00 - Fri 19 Apr 17:00Virtual - AUS
- $2,500.00 excl. GST
19Jun2 days, Wed & Thu 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMVirtual - AUS
Session 1Wed 19 Jun 09:00 - Wed 19 Jun 17:00Virtual - AUS
Session 2Thu 20 Jun 09:00 - Thu 20 Jun 17:00Virtual - AUS
- $2,500.00 excl. GST
2-day Specialist course which provides an understanding of the skills necessary to effectively manage and protect your endpoint security network using the Check Point R81 Harmony Endpoint product.
Note: Supported versions R81.10 and above
- Explaining the benefits of virtual network security.
- Understand the basic functions, components, and advantages of VSX technology.
- Examine the VSX management infrastructure and understand how traffic flows within a VSX network.
- Discuss options for deploying VSX technology within various types of organizations.
- Understand how to install and configure VSX Gateways and Virtual Systems.
- Describe different routing schemes and features that are available to use within the VSX environment.
- Understand how to deploy additional VSX networking configurations that may be required in the environment.
- Understand the differences between deploying physical Security Gateway Clusters and VSX Gateway Clusters.
- Understand how Virtual System Load Sharing works to enhance VSX network performance.
- Understand how to use the VSX Provisioning Tool to add and remove virtual devices.
- Recall how CoreXL technology enhances Security Gateway performance and recognize how to use the technology in a
- VSX environment.
- Understand how to employ tools for optimizing resources allocated in a VSX environment.
- Identify various VSX command line tools commonly used to retrieve information and perform configuration changes.
- Understand how to use VSX utility commands to perform various maintenance tasks for the VSX environment.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur in a VSX environment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for security engineers, users, and Check Point resellers who need to deploy and manage VSX solutions within their security environment and are working towards their Check Point Certified VSX Specialist (CCVS) certification.
Technical professionals who need to install, configure, and manage Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solutions within their network security environment.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of this course, students are able to:
- VSX Overview
- Virtual System Installation and Configuration
- VSX Clustering
- Advanced VSX Features
- Troubleshooting VSX
Check Point CCSA and CCSE Certification
Attending Check Point Training Courses, helps you reach your certification goals and ensures that you know every detail about Check Point Technologies. Here at Red Education, we cover all Check Point’s training courses. To Learn more, head to our course outline page.