The Symantec Certified Security Analytics course is intended for IT professionals who want to master the fundamentals of the Symantec Security Analytics solution and network-based monitoring and forensic analysis, including incident-response investigation, real-time situational awareness, and continuous monitoring for indicators of compromise (IOCs) and advanced persistent threats (APTs).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Install, pre configure and license new instances of Security Analytics
• Identify and evaluate reference scenarios and deployment options based on organizational needs, network configurations and storage capacity.
• Map high-level operational functions to internal system modules and identify how data flows through the system
• Use reports and extractions to find and analyze relevant data to solve problems
• Use comparisons and advanced display filters to narrow search results
• Import/Export PCAPs for forensic analysis and archival functions
• Use actions, alerts and real-time extractor
• Use the Security Analytics platform for incident-response
• Apply kill-chain analysis to discover and describe indicators of compromise
• Navigate and query the virtual file system