Changes in BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) - v11
Duration: 1 day
Audience: This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration,
and administration of the BIG-IP LTM system.
Pre-requisites: Students shuld at least previously attended the BIG-IP LTM Essentials course (v9 or v10) with the LTM Advanced Topics
course strongly recommended.
Students should understand:
· Common Security and Network terminology
· TCP/IP Addressing and Routing and Internetworking concepts
· Security Authorization and Authentication concepts
· Common elements of and differences between WAN and LAN components.
In addition, students should be proficient in:
· Basic PC operation and application skills, including operating a CD drive, keyboard, mouse and Windows OS
· Basic Web browser operation (Internet Explorer is used in class).
The major changes in LTM V11 covered in this course include:
· Setup utility changes for BIG-IP v11
· vCMP feature in v11
· Configuring iApps in BIG-IP v11
· High Availability in v11 (Sync-Failover Device Groups)
· High Availability part 2 (Traffic Groups)
· Folders & Sync-Only Device Groups
By course completion, the student should be able to list the major new features in BIG-IP LTM v11. Additionally, assuming the student met the prerequisites below, they should be able to install, configure, monitor and administer a BIG-IP LTM v11 System.